1. It saves as you work.
2. You can have a 3-ring-binder without a hole punch.
3. It likes to share.
- On network
- Via email
4. It helps you get organized.
- Outlook – Tasks, Appointments, Contacts
- Color coordinating
5. It plays nicely with others.
- MS Office Apps- Copy & paste, send to Word
- Acrobat – Print to OneNote, Send to PDF
- Internet – Save as HTML, Clipping Tool
6. It likes multimedia.
- Insert Audio Recording
- Insert Video Recording
- Insert Hyperlink
- Insert Links to shortcuts
7. It’s great for meetings.
- Send from Outlook to OneNote
- Audio recordings
- Shared notebooks
- Emailing notes directly from application (If you use Outlook)
8. You can customize it.
- Adding Drawings, highlighting, ink (View –> Toolbars)
- Customize how pages look (lines, grid paper, etc.)
- Preinstalled templates (Format –> Templates)
- Online templates
9. You can search your sticky notes and file them (side notes).
10. It likes to read.
- Converts handwriting to text if you use a TabletPC.
- Searches images for text.
- Can make text in many PDFs printed to OneNote searchable.
- Atomic Learning – http://movies.atomiclearning.com/k12/onenote07
- OneNote Homepage – http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/default.aspx
- I Heart OneNote – http://iheartonenote.com/